Every day is a gift from God. No matter how we may feel, there is always something to look forward to with each moment the sun rises. It’s a new day, and it’s the exact time to remember the hope of a new day that has never been here before. So why not start each day the right way? Here are five Bible verses to read or recite as you greet every new day.
1. Psalm 118:24 “This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
2. Psalm 30:4-5 “Sing to the Lord, O you saints, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endures but a moment, in his favor is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”
3. Lamentations 3:22-23 “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed; his compassions do not fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
4. Psalm 59:16-17 “But I will sing of your power; I will sing aloud of your lovingkindness in the morning, for you have been my refuge and escape in the day of my trouble. To you, O my strength, I will sing, for God is my refuge, and the God of my lovingkindness.”
5. Psalm 63:1-5 “O God, you are my God; early will I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my flesh faints for you, in a dry and thirsty land with no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary, to see your power and your glory. Because your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise you. Thus will I bless you while I live; I will lift up my hands in your name. My soul will be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.”