This just in – from the world of useless trivia. Here are ten factoids. How many did you already know?
1. “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
2. Poor eyesight is associated with high IQ.
3. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team his sophomore year.
4. A 100-pound person on Earth would wight 38 pounds on Mars.
5. Warner Communications paid $28 million for the copyright to the song “Happy Birthday.”
6. The record number of offspring is 69. A Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets, from 1725 to 1765.
7. Of all the words in the English language, “set” has the most definitions.
8. The average IQ is 100, while 140 is the beginning of genius IQ.
9. The ZIP in ZIP code means “zoning improvement plan.”
10. No word in the English language rhymes with “month.”