It all happened in a day . . . November 30. How many of these events do you remember, that all occurred this day in history?
- Earliest eclipse on record (3340 B.C.)
- Second siege of Pensacola, ending with Britain’s failure to capture Pensacola, Florida (1707)
- U.S. Senate begins impeachment trial of Federalist Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase (1804)
- Civil War Battle of Franklin, Tennessee; the South lost six generals (1864)
- Lucille Ball marries Desi Arnaz in Greenwich, Connecticut (1940)
- Civil War begins in Palestine, resulting in creation of the State of Israel (1947)
- Only documented meteorite to hit a human directly, crashes through house in Sylacauga, Alabama (1954)
- Michael Jackson’s album “Thriller” is released; becomes best-selling record in music history (1982)
- Official end of Operation Desert Storm (1995)
- Exxon and Mobil merge to form ExxonMobil, the largest company in the world (1998)
- Jeopardy Show champion Ken Jennings finally loses, having won a game-show record $2.5 million (2004)
Yes, a lot can happen in a day. How ’bout these for good days – the resurrection of Christ, the creation of the heavens and the earth, the Sermon on the Mount, the parting of the Red Sea.
It’s amazing what God can do in a day. And only heaven knows what God plans to do in your life – today!