The number one way to keep Jesus Christ in your Christmas celebrations is to have him present in your daily life. If you’re not sure what it means to become a believer in Christ, check out this article on “How to Become a Christian.”
If you’ve already accepted Jesus as your Savior and made him the center of your life, keeping Christ in Christmas is more about the way you live your life than the things you say—such as “Merry Christmas” versus “Happy Holidays.”
Keeping Christ in Christmas means daily revealing the character, love and spirit of Christ that dwells in you, by allowing these traits to shine through your actions. Here are simple ways to keep Christ the central focus of your life this Christmas season.
1) Give God one very special gift just from you to him.
2) Set aside a special time to read the Christmas story in Luke 1:5-56 through 2:1-20.
3) Set up a Nativity scene in your home.
4) Plan a project of good will this Christmas.
5) Take a group Christmas caroling in a nursing home or a children’s hospital.
6) Give a surprise gift of service to each member of your family.
7) Set aside a time of family devotions on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
8) Attend a Christmas church service together with your family.
If you are alone this Christmas or don’t have family living near you, invite a friend or a neighbor to join you.
9) Send Christmas cards that convey a spiritual message.
10) Write a Christmas letter to a missionary.
About the Author
Mary Fairchild is a Christian writer, editor, and full-time minister. She writes on Christian issues for an organization called ThoughtCo.